Dominic Michael Akpan
M.D., MWCS, MNCS, FCRPath, D.D. (UDC)
Professor and Chair, Anatomic Pathology, Clinical Pathology and Pathophysiology
Courses: Systems and Disease; Research Curriculum - Critical Appraisal Syllabus
Dominic Michael Akpan, MD, MWCS, MNCS, FCRPath, D.D (UDC) was born in Nigeria. He worked as a senior House Surgeon at National Orthopedic Hospital, Igbobi, Nigeria and later did his medical residency training in Pathology at Lagos University Teaching Hospital from 2001 to 2005. He also has a Fellowship in Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology from the University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. He rose to the rank of Full Professor of Pathology and Pathophysiology at Saba University School of Medicine, Saba, Netherlands. He is the Chair of Pathophysiology and Pathology and Course Director of Systems and Diseases, Clinical Correlate, and Research Curriculum & Critical Appraisal. Member Faculty Promotions Committee, Member, Students Promotions Committee.
Language Skills: English (Advanced), The Netherlands (Basic)
Clinical Licentiate Caribbean Association of Medical Council
Patient simulations in medicine-teaching sessions
Evidence based patient centered practice
- Professor of Pathology (Anatomic & Clinical) and Pathophysiology
- Fellow, Laboratory Medicine & Pathobiology (On, Ca)
- Systems & Diseases
- Research Curriculum Clinical Appraisal
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Faculty excellence award – spring 2017
- Faculty excellence award – summer 2017
- Faculty excellence award – fall 2017
- Book chapter: Current Trends in Medicine and Medical Research Vol. 2, Book Chapter 02Print ISBN: 978-93-89246-01-8, eBook ISBN: 978-93-89246-45-2 Prevalence of Human Papillomavirus Deoxyribonucleic Acid in Cervical Cancer Specimens in Calabar, Nigeria Godstime I. Irabor1*, Dominic Akpan2, Kenneth A. Omoruyi3, Martin A. Nnoli3, Edoise M. Isiwele4, Uchenna M. Amaechi5 and Olukayode Oshatuyi6 DOI:10.9734/bpi/ctmmr/v2.
- Emerging Human Papillomavirus Vaccines against Cervical Cancer Godstime I. Irabor,6691 (Online) Abbreviated Key Title: Sch. J. App. Med. Sci 2297, Scholars Journal of Applied Medical Sciences,(SJAMS),ISSN 2320 6691 (Online), Abbreviated Key Title: Sch. J. App. Med. Sci. ISSN 2347 Godstime I. Irabor1, Dominic Akpan2, Ejemen G. Aigbe3, Gift E. Irabor 4.
- Analysis of Female Breast Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences (IOSR), JDMS) ISSN: 2279 0853, ISSN: 2279 0861. Volume 17, Issue 1 Ver. XII,January. (2018), PP 01-05.DOI: 10.9790/0853,1701,1,20105 Godstime I. Irabor1, Ejemen G. Aigbe, 2 Dominic Akpan1, Kenneth Omoruyi3Martin A Nnoli5.
- Prevention, screening and diagnosis of cervical carcinoma: a literature review. Godstime I.Irabor1, Ayodele M. Omotoso2, Dominic M. Akpan1, Martin A. Nnoli2, Kenneth A. Omoruyi2, Edoise M. Isiwele3.
- Specific Human Papillomavirus Genotypes Isolated from Cervical Cancer Specimens in Calabar, Nigeria.bGodstime I. Irabor1, Dominic Akpan2, Ejemen Aigbe3, Kenneth A. Omoruyi4, Uche Amaechi5, Ayodele J. Omotoso4 and Martin A. Nnoli4.
- Human Papillomavirus in the Aetiology of Cervical Cancer: A Literature Review Godstime I. Irabor1, Ejemen G. Aigbe2, Dominic Akpan3.
- Cytological Analysis of Cervical Papanicolaou Smears in a Tertiary Hospital in Calabar, Nigeria.Godstime I. Irabor1, Dominic Akpan2, Ejemen G. Aigbe3, Gift E. Irabor4, Omoruyi A. Kenneth5, Ayodele J. Omotoso5, Edoise Isiwele6 and Iyere Irabor7.
- Prevalence of Human Papillomavirus Deoxyribonucleic Acid in Cervical Cancer Specimens in Calabar, Nigeria.Godstime I. Irabor11, Dominic Akpan2, Kenneth A. Omoruyi3, Martin A. Nnoli3,Edoise M. Isiwele4, Uche Amaechi5 and Olukayode Oshatuyi6.
- Variations in the prevalence of isolated human papillomavirus genotype in Cervical cancer specimens: a review. Godstime I. Irabor1, Gift E. Irabor2, Ejemen G. Irabor3, Dominic Akpan4, Kenneth Omoruyi5, Ebuchulem Kelvin6 and Edoise Isiwele7.
- Clinicopathological View of Prostate Biopsy: A Literature Review. IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences (IOSR,-JDMS) e-ISSN: 2279-0853, p-ISSN: 2279-0861.Volume 16, Issue 11 Ver. XI (Nov. 2017), PP 52-56 www.iosrjournals.org DOI: 10.9790/0853 -1611115256 www.iosrjournals.org Page 52 Godstime I. Irabor1, Dominic Akpan1, Martin A.Nnoli 2, Eddy Isiwele 3.
- Development of quality control manual (Canadian laboratory).
- Hepatic and Hematotoxicity of Antiretroviral combination chemotherapy in patients attending L.U.T.H clinic. (M.Sc Thesis)
- Prostates Specific Antigen, Digital Rectal Examination And Histopathology report in early detection of prostate cancer in Lagos. Fellowship Thesis (FNMCPath)
- Hyperprolactinaemia and endometrial curetting in patients attending infertility clinic in Lagos.
- Adult learning, theories, principles and application (Mini Thesis, Education) - Fam Med University of Toronto, ON, Canada.
- Cord blood stem cell culture into orthodontic tissues - Mount Sinai Hospital Research Laboratory, University of Toronto Canada.
- Microsatellite instability in colon cancer - Mount Sinai Hospital Research Laboratory, University of Toronto Canada.
- Interference of antithyroid antibody in thyroglobulin Measurement using Chemoluminiscent - Sunny Brook Health Science Centre Research Laboratory, University of Toronto Canada.
- Curriculum design and teaching techniques- Education) - Fam Med University of Toronto, ON ,Canada.
- Teaching of principles of self directed learning of evidence based medicine - (Mini Thesis, Education) - Fam Med University of Toronto, ON, Canada.
Links To Books & Publications:http://bp.bookpi.org/index.php/bpi/catalog/book/23
journaljammr.com/index.php/JAMMR/article/download/12171/22220/JAMMR, 25(3): 1-10, 2018; Article no.JAMMR.38971
- Molecular basis of neuro, eye and cardiovascular pathology
- Proteomic and genomic bases of diseases
- Stem cell manipulation in organ transplant and therapeutics
- Bone and mineral metabolism and kinesiology
- Leadership and educational philosophy and principles
- Morbidity and mortality issues of Medico- Legal significance in adolescent
- European Society of Pathology
- Committee Member Neuropathology and Pathology of the eye
- American Society of Clinical Pathologists
- Ontario Medical Association
- German Society for Proteome Research