Discover Your Pathway to Medicine
Saba University School of Medicine has built a reputation for academic excellence for over three decades, guiding students to success through a challenging curriculum and supportive learning environment. Our commitment to removing barriers to medical education is evident in our comprehensive pathways: the Gateway Program, Pre-Med Master’s Program, and our four-year Medical Program.
The Saba Difference
Regardless of the pathway you take to join us at Saba, you will experience the distinguishing characteristics that have established Saba as the top medical school in the Caribbean:
- 97% Sustained Residency Placement Rate1
- Highest USMLE STEP I and STEP II First-Time Pass Rates of any Caribbean Medical School 2
- Intentionally Small Classes with direct access to Faculty
- 30 years of history producing thousands of doctors practicing throughout the U.S. and Canada
- Our basic science campus is located on Saba, a quiet, pristine Caribbean island that is one of the safest locations on earth.
- Expert faculty, all holding either an MD or a PhD (or equivalent) in their respective fields and possessing substantial teaching experience.
1 For the last three years. The three-year residency placement rate is the percentage of students attaining a residency position out of all graduates or expected graduates in 2022-23 and graduates in 2021-22, and graduates in 2020-21 who were active applicants in the NRMP match or attained a residency outside the NRMP match.
2 98% average pass rate for first-time test takers over the last 5 years on both USMLE Step 1 and USMLE Step 2. First-time pass rate is the number of students passing the USMLE Step Exam on their first attempt divided by the total number of students taking the exam for the first time.
Saba’s academic facilities enhance your education, preparing you for success as a physician. Our facilities include a modern anatomy lab with cadavers, a well-equipped library, classrooms, student lounges, and a dedicated test center.