Assistant Dean, Student Affairs; Assistant Professor, Course Director, Metabolism and Nutrition
Shruti is a graduate of B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences (BPKIHS), Nepal. Subsequent to her graduation, she acquired expertise in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology. She joined a three-year postgraduate doctoral residency training in Clinical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at BPKIHS.
After completion of MD and residency training in 2013, Shruti Singh went on to serve as an Assistant professor in the Department of Biochemistry at KIST Medical College and Teaching Hospital from 2013-2017. She also served as Visiting Faculty at Patan Academy of Health Sciences, Kathmandu, Nepal from 2014-2017. In 2017 she began a faculty appointment as an Assistant Professor of Biochemistry and Genetics at the Aureus University School of Medicine, Aruba, Dutch Caribbean. In 2018 she moved to the beautiful Island of Saba to join the faculty at the Saba University School of Medicine as an Assistant Professor in Clinical Biochemistry and Genetics.
She has more than 7 years of passion driven experience in intensive education in Medical Biochemistry and Molecular Biology according to integrated USMLE curriculum and other medical curriculums across the world. Her knowledge, skills, values, experience, and attitude so acquired has spanned undergraduate, graduate, and postgraduate education, teaching basic and advanced concepts in Medical Biochemistry and Genetics, through active lecture sessions, problem-based learning (PBL), and team-based learning (TBL).
Her teaching interests areas are Genetic Code, Mutations and Translation, Gene Disorders, Cytogenetics, Protein Chemistry, Carbohydrate Chemistry, and its metabolism, Lipid Chemistry, Enzymes, Metabolic interrelationship, Iron metabolism and Porphyrias, Organ Function Tests, Electrophoresis, Immunochemistry.
Apart from being a passionate teacher, Shruti is also involved actively in research. So far she has published various research papers in national and international indexed journals and has supervised student’s research. She is a member of several professional organizations and a regular participant and presenter at international scientific meetings.
Shruti’s honest efforts and passion for teaching Biochemistry and Genetics in the best possible way have earned her an inaugural overall appreciation from students. Shruti brings her vast experience to her classroom using various modes of teaching to make even difficult concepts easily understandable.
- Clinical Biochemistry
- Singh S, Lamsal M, Baral N, Bhatta NK, Uprety DK. Correlation of Iodine content of mother’s milk and urine with their child’s TSH level. Asian Journal of Medical Sciences. 2015;7(1):40-48.
- Khatiwada S, Gelal B, Tamang MK, KC R, Singh S, Lamsal M, Baral N. Iodized Salt Use and Salt Iodine Content among Household Salts from Six Districts of Eastern Nepal. J Nepal Health ResCounc. 2014 Sep-Oct;12(28):191-4.
- Singh S, Khatiwada S. Assessment of Biochemistry request forms. Journal of Chitwan Medical College 2015; 5(13): 18-24.
- Clinical Biochemistry
- Attended in Annual Conference of Nepal Dental Association in College of Dental Surgery, B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences (BPKIHS), Dharan, Nepal from 19th- 2oth September 2008.
- Participated inFirstBiochemists association of Nepal Conference (1st BANCON-2011) held at NAST, Lalitpur, Kathmandu, Nepal from 8th-9th April 2011.
- Participated in Second Biochemists association of Nepal Conference (BANCON-2013) at B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences (BPKIHS), Dharan, Nepal from 4th – 5th April 2013.
- Attended in “International Workshop on clinical laboratory Quality Management” jointly organized by Nepal association of Medical laboratorysciences , International Federation of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicine (IFCC) and Asian and Pacific Federation of Clinical Biochemistry (APFCB) in Kathmandu from 23-24th November 2011.
- Participated in 'Second National Workshop on Research Methodology, Proposal Writing and Scientific Publication' with theme 'Global Health Priorities: NeedForAction' on December 24-25, 2011 at B.P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences (BPKIHS), Dharan, Sunsari, Nepal Organized by Sankalpa Foundation (Pvt.)Ltd., Pokhara, Kaski and Rotaract Club of Dharan, Ghopa.
- Presented a paper titled “Correlation of Iodine content of mother’s milk and urine with their child’s TSH level.” in XIX Anniversary celebration Scientific programme at B. P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences (BPKIHS), Dharan, NepalonSeptember 2012.
- Participated in Workshop On “Total Quality Management & Good Laboratory PracticeInClinical Laboratory” organized by Department of Biochemistry at B. P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences (BPKIHS), Dharan, Nepal from 26th -27th June 2011.
- Participated in Workshop On “Basic CourseInImmunology” organized by Department of Biochemistry at B. P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences (BPKIHS), Dharan, Nepal from 6th -7th February 2012.