Dr. Godstime Isi Rabor
Assistant Professor, Systems & Disease, Pathology
Courses: General and systemic pathology and pathophysiology in systems and disease (I, II, and IV) and foundations of clinical medicine for 3rd, 4th and 5th semester medical students
Dr Godstime Isi Irabor, MBBS, FMCPath, has extensive experience working as an educator, researcher and clinician. His background includes nine years as a university professor and more than 12 years of clinical training and experience as a pathologist.
He is the author of the book “Achieve Academic Excellence.” He is also a Publons certified peer reviewer, has authored 22 peer reviewed journal articles and has peer reviewed over 60 journal articles.
He attended College of Medicine, Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma, Nigeria, and obtained his Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery, MBBS in 2007. He proceeded to do his junior and senior residency training in pathology at the University of Calabar Teaching Hospital, Calabar, following which he obtained his Fellowship Degree in Pathology from the National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria, Faculty of Pathology, FMCPath. He is a “grade A” board certified pathologist/specialist with the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria. He obtained a certificate in managing classroom behavior from York University, UK in 2018.Further Qualifications:
- Certificate in medical ethics, WACP, 2012.
- Certificate in research methodology in medicine, NPMCN, 2014.
- Certificate in health resources management, NPMCN, 2014.
- Certificate in gastrointestinal pathology, British society of gastroenterology, 2014.
- Certificate in liver disease, University of Birmingham, 2017.
- Certificate in forensic human anatomy, The University of Sheffield, England, 2017.
- Certificate in Peer Review, Publons Academy, 2018.
- Certificate in managing classroom behavior, York University, UK, 2018.
- Anatomic and Molecular Pathology
- Award of excellence in journal review
- Godstime Irabor , Achieve Academic Excellence, First edition, Columbia DC, Kindle Direct Publishing, 2020 (ebook and paperback).
- Godstime Irabor, Cervical Smear Analysis in Cross river State, Current Strategies in Biotechnology and Bioresource Technology Vol.2, Chapter 02, West Bengal, India, Book Publisher International, 2020.
- Godstime Irabor, Prevalence of Human Papillomavirus Deoxyribonucleic Acid Cervical Cancer Specimens in Calabar, Nigeria, Current Trends in Medicine and Medical Research Vol. 2 , Chapter 02, West Bengal, India, Book Publisher International, 2019
- Irabor GI, Omotoso AJ, Nnoli MA, Isewele I and Omoruyi KA. Histopathological Study of Cervical Cancer Specimen at University of Calabar Teaching Hospital, Calabar. Med.Res.Chron.2017;4(5)582-590. DOI:10.26838/MEDRECH.2017.4.6361.
- Irabor GI, Omotoso AJ, Nnoli MA, Omoruyi KA and Isewele I. Cervical Cancer and its aetiology in Subsahara Africa: A literature Review. Med. Res. Chron. 2017 4(6):574-581. DOI:10.26838/MEDRECH.2017.4.6360.
- Irabor GI, Omoruyi KA, Akpan D, Omotoso AJ, Nnoli MA, and Isewele EM. Prevention, Screening and Diagnosis of Cervical carcinoma: A Literature Review. IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences (IOSR-DMSJ) 2017; 16( 11) : 05-09. DOI: 10.9790/0853-1611090509.
- Isiwele EM, Ikpi EE, Enakirerhi GE, Otobo FO, Omoruyi KA, Irabor GI, Essiet A. An infected urachal cyst coexisting with posterior urethral valves in a malnourished child: A case report and review of literature. IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Science (IOSR-JDMS) 2018; 17(01): 30-32. DOI: 10.9790/0853-1701073022.
- Irabor GI, Aigbe EG, Akpan D, Isiwele EM, Omoruyi KA, Nnoli MA. Analysis of Female Breast Fine Needle Aspiration Cytology. IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Science (IOSR-JDMS) 2018; 17(01): 01-05.DOI: 10.9790/0853-1701120105.
- Irabor GI, Akpan D, Aigbe EG, Omoruyi KA, U Amaehi U, Omotoso AJ and Nnoli MA. Specific Human Papilloma Virus Genotypes Isolated from Cervical Cancer Specimens in Calabar, Nigeria, JCTI 2018. 7(1):1-11.
- Omoruyi KA, Nnoli MA, Ebughe GA, Irabor GI, Okoligwe CZ, Ejike OS. Immunohistochemical Profile of Breast Carcinoma in University of Calabar Teaching Hospital, Calabar, South-South Nigeria. Med. Res. Chron. 2018, 5(1):57-70.
- Irabor GI, Isiwele EM, Nnoli MA Omoruyi KA. The Relationship between Age and Histological Types of Cervical Cancer. International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR) 2018; 7(2):260-263. DOI: 10.21275/ART20179874.
- Omoruyi KA, Nnoli MA, Ebughe GA, Irabor GI, Edoise M. Isiwele. Prevalence of Molecular Subtypes of Breast Carcinoma in University of Calabar Teaching Hospital using Immunohistochemistry as Surrogates for Intrinsic DNA Characteristics. IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Science. (IOSR-DMSJ) 2018; 17(2):64-73. DOI: 10.9790/0853-1702126473.
- Irabor GI, Omoruyi KA. Prevalence of Human Papillomavirus Deoxyribonucleic Acid in Cervical Cancer specimens in Calabar, Nigeria. Journal of Advances in Medicine and Medical Research 2018; 25(3): 1-10.
- Omoruyi KA, Nnoli MA, Irabor GI. Histopathological Characteristics of Breast Carcinoma in a Tertiary health facility in Subsaharan Africa. Sumerianz Journal of Medical and Healthcare 2018. 1(1):1-16
- Irabor GI, Gift E Irabor, Ejemen G Irabor, Dominic Akpan, Omoruyi KA, Ebuchulem Kelvin, Edoise Isiwele. Variation in the Prevalence of Isolated Human Papillomavirus Genotype in Cervical Cancer Specimen: a review. International Journal of Development Research 2018; 8(8): 2230-9926.
- Omotoso AJ, Nnoli MA, Irabor GI, Enakirerhi Glen. Malignant melanoma in Calabar, Nigeria, Sch J App. Med. Sci. 2016; 4(4A): 1109-1111.
- Omotoso AJ, Patience O. Odusolu, Martin A. Nnoli, Irabor GI. Vulva Lesions In A Tertiary Institution In Nigeria, International Journal of Innovative Science, Engineering & Technology 2016; 3(3): 712 – 17.
- Omotoso AJ, Odusolu PO, Nnoli MA, Lawson E, Irabor GI. Review of leiomyoma in Calabar, Nigeria, Scholars Journal of Applied Medical sciences 2016; 4(4a): 1106 – 1108.
- Omotoso AJ, Odusolu OP, Ikpeme A, Irabor GI, Nnoli MA, Ovarian tumour in a tertiary institution in south southern Nigeria, IJMRI 2016; 2(6): 398 – 409.
- Omotoso AJ, Irabor GI, Glen, Akintomide A. Histopathological Analysis of Malignant Gastrointinal Tumours in a Tertiary Hospital in Nigeria, International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Information 2016; 2(6): 379 – 382.
- Irabor GI, Nnoli MA, Ugbem T. Deaths From Gas Explosion in Southern Nigeria, Medical Research Chronicles 2017; 4(16): 567 – 73.
- Irabor GI, Akpan D, Nnoli MA, Isiwele E. Clinicopathological View of Prostate Biopsy: A Literature Review. IOSR Journal of Dental and Medical Sciences (IOSR,-JDMS) 2017; 16 (11): 52-56. DOI: 10.9790/0853 -1611115256.
- Irabor GI, Akpan D, Aigbe EG. Human Papillomavirus in the Aetiology of Cervical Cancer: A Literature Review. International Journal of Contemporary Medical Research 2018; 5(1):1-4. ISSN (Online):2393-915X; (Print): 2454-739.
- Irabor GI, Akpan D, Aigbe EG, Irabor GE. Emerging Human Papillomavirus Vaccines against Cervical Cancer, Sch. J. App. Med. Sci. 2018; 6(5): 2297- 2300.DOI:10.21276/sjams.2018.6.5.80.
- Irabor GI , Dominic Akpan, Edoise M. Isiwele, Ayodele J. Omotoso, Godwin A. Ebughe, Martin A. Nnoli. Fine needle aspiration cytology of the breast, component of a triple test: a review.Med. Res. Chron. 2017; 4 (5):495-500. ISSN: 2394-3971.
- Gynecological pathology
- Breast pathology
- Prostate pathology
- Conjunctival lesions in HIV positive patients, All Fellows Congress, National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria, 2014.
- Female genital lesions, review course for associate fellows, National Postgraduate Medical College of Nigeria, 2014.