DBH, NCC, ACS
Director of Counseling and Assistant Professor of Behavioral Science
Danielle Gold, DBH, has worked in school counseling internationally for the past fifteen years and is a US board certified counselor (NCC), and counselor supervisor (ACS) with a doctorate in behavioural health and a master’s degree in counseling. She has also been a university lecturer and field staff for international humanitarian aid organizations.
In addition to directing counseling programs at Caribbean medical schools and K-12 schools in China and Latin America, Dr. Gold has received numerous grants from international government agencies and non-governmental agencies to design and coordinate psychosocial support programs and livelihood training for low-income and at-risk women in West Africa and within the refugee community in Europe. Her pilot program with asylum seekers in Greece has been documented in the film, Vocational Training and Psychosocial Support for Refugees. She has presented workshops on secondary trauma in humanitarian aid workers at refugee camps in Greece, and lectures on African women and internet technology at London University’s School of Oriental and African Studies. Her articles have appeared in Therapy Today and in her blog at Wellbeingabroad.com, and her children’s stories with a mindfulness theme have been published by Harcourt Scholastic Publications and appeared in Ladybug magazine.
Dr. Gold’s research interests include the impact of economic advancement on mental health outcomes in low income and at-risk women, creative writing as a therapeutic modality, practices that heal the inner wounded child, and yoga therapy.
- Behavioral health
- Anxiety, Depression
- Cognitive behavioural therapy
- Psychodynamic therapy
- Sand tray therapy
- Yoga therapy
- Mental Health & Vocational Training, Samos, Greece 2019-2020 https://vimeo.com/363982947/cdc8327d90
- Transitions Abroad, Therapy Today, vol.25, issue7. Sept, 2014. www.therapytoday.net.
- You and I Sit Down for Tea, Harcourt Scholastic Publications, 2003. English and Spanish textbook editions.
- Psychosocial support for at-risk populations
- Economic empowerment
- Mental health in women
- Psychosocial support for refugee women, workshop in Samos, Greece, 2019
- Secondary trauma in humanitarian aid workers, workshop in Lesvos, Greece, 2018